This project proposes the development of a case-study set of representations that serve to guide the work of the digital media seminar through a number of in-class and at-home exercises. Working both individually and in pairs, students develop a range of representations for one of the projects listed below. The representations considered include:
- A three-dimensional digital model that becomes increasingly articulate over time as students gradually add detail.
- A series of two-dimensional drawings that are derived from this digital model, and that include both raster and vector media. These include: Three (3) isometric drawings; Three (3) composite orthographic drawings; One (1) composite section-perspective drawing
- A series of perspectival images that include simulated materials, lighting, and post-processing effects.
The precedent works considered are:
- Villa Malaparte, Capri; Adalberto Libera (1937)
- Villa dall'Ava, Paris; OMA (1991)
- Shibaura House, Tokyo; SANNA (2011)
- Santa Maria Church, Portugal; Alvaro Siza (1996)
- Tzara House, Paris; Adolf Loos (1926)
- Notre Dame du Haut, Ronchamp; Le Corbusier (1954)
Some other projects from this same class have been posted, as well as some interesting student work from this same year.